History of LCCI
The foundation of this premier Ch–amber was laid in 1923. At that time, it was headquartered in Lahore but had within its fold business operating in the Kashmir Valley, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and much of what could be classified as Northern India.
The organization’s name was converted to West Pakistan Chamber of Commerce after August 1947, which continued its services to the businesses operating within the geographical limits of the then West Pakistan.
In 1960, the reorganization of trade bodies gave a new shape to this business house, which registered itself under the companies ordinance 1984 with the name of the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The Lahore Chamber shifted its operational base to the current premises in 1977.
The elaborate building infrastructure allowed it the opportunity to widen its ambit of service to its members, besides expanding its resource base to provide better environment for policy formulation, which remains its cutting edge when compared to the other Pakistani Business Houses and regional seats of business opinion.